Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sakura Frappuccino Taste Test

Starbuck's Cherry Blossom Frappuccino is back!

Today, I went to Starbucks to try it out. I asked the barista for a Sakura Frap, which she promptly asked, "What is that?". She said, "If you can tell me the ingredients, then I can probably make it." So I then begin describing the drink, and as I'm explaining she just stares at me and asks blankly, "Do you mean a Cherry Blossom Frappuccino?" She then points at the menu and written in big letters is Cherry Blossom Frappucino.

Hahahaha, in America, if you say "sakura" people probably don't know what you mean. If your say "cherry blossom" however people know exactly what you mean. I always say "Sakura" and I completely forgot about the English counterpart.


Up above is a picture of my frappuccino. For people who know what a cherry blossom is, your're probably surprised. It's not pink, but it looks like a white drink with a little bit of matcha in it. Unfortunately, this is Chicago's Sakura Frappuccino. There's no sakura extract, so it's a strawberry frap with matcha powder. I was really disappointed. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment