Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hello There!

Hi everyone!  Let me introduce myself!

I began studying Japanese when I was a freshman in high school.  The biggest reason why I chose that language was because of anime and manga (like most American high school students who choose Japanese).  I quickly learned to love more than just that though.  I grew to love the complexity of the Japanese society, the subtle beauty and tranquility in its art and the Japanese people I came to know.

I am now a recent graduate with a BA degree in Japanese and Comparative Folklore.  After college, I quickly became stagnant in my Japanese studies.  Even though I could use Japanese at my first professional job, after a year the company began to fall into serious disarray and I quit.  I then embarked on a new career path (which I'll share in future posts).

Unfortunately, since then I haven't had many opportunities to use my Japanese skills I've been improving on since high school.  I started this blog primarily to help me maintain my Japanese writing skills.  My goal is to share with you what I'm doing post-college with a humanity degree, as well as share how I am doing now.  However, I felt it was unfair for me to only share my thoughts and my life in Japanese, so I am also starting an English version of this blog.

More to come later!  I'm not sure if I'll be able to post every week but I will try!

Sincerely,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment