Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Outstanding Mentor-Mentee Award

(Jackie, Pring and me)

Tonight I accepted the Outstanding Mentor-Mentee Award from the Mentoring Center of Columbus! 

I was nominated through Healthy Asian Youth.  What is that, you say?  Healthy Asian Youth (HAY) is a program created to help kids from the Columbus West Side.  It focuses on education and good mentorship, which is why they are always looking for more volunteers to help with math, English and just being there for the kids.  I've been volunteering with this NPO for over 3 years now and I've love the kids there.

I have to be honest though.  Lately, I haven't been going to HAY so it felt wrong to accept an award like this.  But Jackie and Pring always tell me "You're the best volunteer ever!".  So I'm very thankful for them and to have this award now.  But seriously, they are some of the greatest teens I've ever met.  I'm lucky to have met them and get to hang out with such awesome guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment